2011 was the inaugural Citizen of the Year, and was won by Steph Devlin of the Leamington Christian Mission.
Steph, along with her husband, runs three soup kitchens for the homeless in Leamington Spa. Many congratulations to Steph on winning this award – your work and achievements in the community are truly incredible. Steph said she was surprised and delighted by the award: “A great honour for me as it comes on behalf of the community.”
The other finalists were:
– Claire Hamm, for setting up the community village shop in Gaydon
– Graham Taylor, for extensive fundraising for Myton Hospice
– Jayne Canning, for her work with the MS Society and Painting for Pleasure
– Fran Godwin, for his work at the Community Arts Workshop
– Ron Everett, for his work with the Warwick Girls Marching Band